Wednesday, March 9, 2011

A Time for Self-Examination and Renewal of Faith

Today is Ash Wednesday which signifies the start of the 40-days Lent season in
preparation before Easter. As Christians, this is a season of repentance and soul-searching.

It is a time when we repent, make sacrifices, and observe fasting to have more
time reflecting on the suffering and great sacrifices that Jesus made for all of us.

As for me, Lent is a time for self-examination and renewal of faith. A time to
ask myself on these questions after which, ask for the Lord's guidance to make myself better as a Christian.
-How is my personal relationship with our Lord? Do I pray? Do I listen to HIS words?
-Am I following the 10 Commandments?
-Do I share His words to my family, friends and relatives?
-Am I sharing my blessings to others especially the helpless and the needy?
-What are the sins that are holding me back to fully accept Jesus in my life?


No comments:

Post a Comment