Wednesday, March 2, 2011

A FamilyOlympics Bonding

The fun-filled Olympics activities in my son's school paved the way for 
families to meet and bond with each other. Aside from fostering camaraderie,
everybody was heads up for a collective group energy and in developing team
spirit between team members. It was also a chance for parents to have their
stresses released, physically and mentally. And the one that cannot be dropped
off, some mommies had their own lighter side of the world by sharing  stories
with other moms.

For our children, they were not only re-charged with energy but they were
exposed to the different benefits of physical activities - SPORTS. They
exhibited planning of what they are going to do, learned how to play as a team,
developed interaction with other members, built their self-confidence, learned
to accept failures and lastly gave them a sense of accomplishment whether win
or loss.

My Father and Son tandem as the Kinder 1 representative for the torch lighting.
I was very happy seeing them hold the torch together as I envision them to share
their aspirations together as father and son. My son was just so serious despite
the crowd's cheer. He told me that he just want to make sure that he will not
stumble on his way to the finish line.  


We belonged to the Team Violet.  A lot of games and prizes were prepared
by the school for both parents and kids to enjoy.  It was good that the school
prepared medals and consolation prizes for kids to feel that their efforts were valued on.



My son playing the Shoot The Straw which is their PE time favorite.

Playing the Sack Race was just too difficult for my son to finish because of his
weight maybe.  But still, no fall.


My son with his strength-full pulling in the Tug-of-War game which they won.

And my husband on his cute emote-full share in the Olympics. So bad, they
they did not make it but still got a prize.

The ever supportive mom(that's me) who was the photographer as usual
did join a number of games. Unfortunately, nobody got me a proof.  For the
record,  I joined in the Moving the Chair and Hula hoop games.

KUDOS to all the teachers, parents and kids that made this FamilyOlympics a success...

No comments:

Post a Comment