Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Snack Picking

Lately, my son had been asking me almost everyday on what I prepared for his
snacks in school. I can see on his reaction if he wants what I prepared or not. 

Though I ensure that what I give him has variations everyday
(sandwich, biscuits, bananas, ensaymada as his favorite, mamon and soft
breads), I'm still worried that someday he'll get fed-up of it. 

Aside from the new easy-prepared healthy snacks that I browsed in the internet
which I will try one of these days, I came across this reading that better if you
involve your child in grocery shopping. You can let him pick out one new
fruit or other nutritious food each time you shop. Also, let him watch you
every time you prepare a new meal for the family.

By doing so, you provide him a lot of options of healthy food that he can eat and
relieves you of pressure in looking for other meals every time. You will also
develop at least his habit for eating nutritious food despite having easy access to
unhealthy options around.










Oh no....looking at the cookies.






So just last week, I brought my son with me in the grocery but this time I let him
do the picking for his snacks. Good for me, he does not actually eat junk foods
(chichirias,candies, chocolates, hotdog, etc.) because he knows that these are
bad for him especially to his teeth, thus, no junkfoods on his cart. He filled his
cart with fresh milk, milo, yakult, yogurt, pineapple juice, soft bread and cheese,
apples, grapes and tried the new pretzel with filling. 






Why smiling looking at the knorr cubes my son?
Are you gonna buy that for mama?














Thanks to Rustan's Supermarket for having a cart just enough for kids, this made
Marty more happy on his snack picking.  I hope that other groceries will have this
cart too making shopping an easy and fun way of bonding for the entire family too.

No comments:

Post a Comment