Friday, May 27, 2011

My Stress-Busters

How I wish I can attend the Stress Management seminar that our HR will be
sponsoring 2 weeks from now but unfortunately as early as now, my dates are
all fully-booked.  I know there is a lot more tips to know in coping with
stress management which I can apply in my life @work.

I have been in the IT field for quite a long time now and I tell you that it is not
an easy job. I am required to develop error-free programs that automate other
people's job + perform user support as needed + have initiative to develop or
acquire new technology + manage people with different skills and personalities
+ meet with my users, bosses and consultants + report to many bosses make
my  work life equation not balance but a very stressful one.
There were times I felt so low and sometimes want to freak out. True to the saying
that when it rains it really pours.  Aside from the scheduled projects, concerns
from left to right keep on hunting me.  By the time I am about to finish my task,
here comes not one but more concerns.  But what can I do? This is my bread and
butter.  This has been my life for almost a decade and a half.

On the other side, I learned a lot and still learning from it.  This is where I met my
husband.  We enjoy speaking the same language.  And despite the stressfull life
@work,  I do love my job, I am enjoying it and still focused on it. 

To manage a very stressful work, here are my STRESS-BUSTERS:
1. I try to always think positive.  I don't run from assignments/tasks.  I welcome
    them with an open mind.  If a task is not possible the way it is required to be,
    I give my insights and provide alternatives until you come into agreement.
    You can't run from problems. Face them with a positive thinking and attitude. 
2. I ask for HIS guidance.  It always work for me.  He gives me the gift of
    discernment in facing different life's situations.
3.  I prioritize.  I list all the tasks, evaluate and prioritize based on urgency
     and impact then keep them in my To-Do List.  Even super heroes could not
     be in two situations at the same time. Just take it one at a time.
4.  Celebrate in any way possible not only the big accomplishments but even
     the simple and small ones with your loved ones and friends. I feel happy,
     contented and relieved for a job done.
5.  Having a ME-Time. I make it a point to have time for myself. I save a part
     of my income and treat my self to a salon, SPA, shopping or date with friends.
     When you know that you can still treat yourself a time, the feeling of being
     stressed is lessened.  

And who says that 24 hours is too short?  You just have to make time for you
can never find time. Never let your stressful job and environment pound you.
Don't you know that you can even get weak and sick if you are in a stressed
mode?  So beat your stresses and enjoy life.

No comments:

Post a Comment