Sunday, May 22, 2011

A day of fun-filled reading (Free Comic Book Day + Private Iris Case 16 Launching)

My son, as a collector of DC comics and who loves reading each character's
issue, was again happy attending the Free Comic Book Day held in Fully Booked
branches today May 21.  Those early birds were given 1 comic each.


I got the Captain America + Thor, my son got his favorite Justice League and my
husband was able to got hold of the amazing Spiderman.  My son was very happy
because of  the 3 comics to add up to his collection.

He immediately read the Justice League.

And enjoyed the other comics too. 


In the afternoon, we attended the launching of Private Iris Case 16 - Beach 
Baddies in Power Books, Trinoma. Lucky us, I was texted by my brother
last minute yesterday for this event so I immediately emailed the organizer
and have my son registered. 

For the consumption of those who does not yet know Private Iris, it is a series of
detective comic books featuring Iris Able and Danton Cord.  These two tackles on
mysteries to be solved using useful facts such as Science experiments with money
saving tips that are relevant for the youth of today.  

The illustrators behind this Private  Iris are Jamie Bautista and Arnold Arre.



The illustrator Jamie Bautista having his comic reading of 5 pages of Case 16.
My son is very fond of Jamie's reading because of the later's dubbing for each
character. Jamie was really a great story teller.

After the story-telling, my son won in the question and answer contest.  This is his
first piggy coin bank courtesy of Pioneer and Private Iris.  I hope I can teach my
son the value of saving money at a young age. 

They also sponsored games with prizes from their sponsors - Alaska, SPARX and
the Picture Company.

Too bad, there was no mascot appeared.  This should had been the first time that
my son will meet the Private Iris mascot.  

ALASKA drink with cup cakes were served after the event.

Overall, my son enjoyed the story telling and the games activities.  I hope he'll 
develop his skill in story telling aside from reading.

We are again looking forward to this kind of event as this always makes my son
happy as well as develops his hobby for reading.





No comments:

Post a Comment