Wednesday, January 12, 2011

My 5 Fingers - A constant reminder for praying...

Praying is actually one of the easiest things to do because you can pray anytime,
anywhere and in whatever way you want - no hard rules. And yet, I admit I
sometimes find no time to pray and worst I just pray for myself and my family
and relatives only. 

Before the 2010 ended, I told myself that praying is one of the things that I have
to improve on this 2011. 

Surprisingly, just this morning, I recieved this text from a friend which I
consider a wake-up call for me in terms of praying. This was the first time that
I read about this but when I searched the net, this prayer already had an
overwhelming comments for over a decade now. A shame to myself.

This is all about the "5 FINGERS OF PRAYER"

1. Your thumb is the nearest to you, so pray for those who are closest to you...
   -I do agree with this. Its natural for us to pray for the ones we love and
    dear to us(our families, relatives and friends). What about our enemies who
    are also near to us?  We should also pray for them so that they will be
    enlightened like us. 

2. Pointing finger: pray for those who teach, instruct and heal...
   -They need our support even in prayers that they may be instrument of wisdom,
    healing and spreading the word of God to others. 

3. The tallest finger: pray for our leaders, they need God's guidance...
   -Let us pray for our leaders that they may be guided by our Lord in leading
    and shaping our nation. 

4. Ring finger: weakest finger, so pray for those who are weak, troubled or
    in need... -This reminds us to pray for those who are sick, weak and in
    trouble. 

5. Little finger: the smallest to remind you to pray for yourself...
   -Just wondering why the little and the last/farthest finger?
    Does this mean I have to pray for myself the least and the
    last priority? But after going through nos.1 to 4 again, I realized that
    most of my personal prayers are already said after I pray for the 4. 

I really thank my friend Janeth for sharing this to me -  a PRAYER GUIDE and
a CONSTANT REMINDER (my 5 fingers) for praying.

*If you find the content not useful to you, just exit from this blog nicely.   


No comments:

Post a Comment