Sunday, September 11, 2016

My Palaui Island, Cagayan Adventure (April 9, 2016)


After almost 14 hours of road trip from Manila to Sta. Ana and with just a
quick breakfast in Jotay resort, I finally experienced the most adventurous
moment in my life - our trip to Palaui Island in the tip of the northeastern
part of Luzon - San Vicente, in the municipality of Sta. Ana, Cagayan
province.

After the reality game show the Survivor revealed this one beautiful paradise,
this has been raved about and became one of the coveted tourist spots in Luzon.
I was really blessed to have seen this place.

In our 1.5 hours boat ride, all I saw was the vastness of the ocean. Seemed so
endless but I managed to be calm despite of so many things playing in my mind -
if I could still go back to Manila and see my family. We braved the high waves
and the strong splash of the water.

When I set foot on the Cape Engano beach, all my worries and fears disappeared.
We trekked to Cape Engano Lighthouse not noticing if I reached the top in 237
steps as they told.  From the lighthouse, you can get a great view of the Dos
Hermanas and Babuyan islands. It offers a majestic panoramic view of the green
hills and cliffs surrounded by the blue ocean.

We had our lunch at Anguib cove and had a quick dip on its blue crystal
water. 

We trekked to Buratubut falls where the cool water cascades through the huge
rocks which refreshed us from quite a long walk going to the falls.

Lastly, we passed by the Manidad island or popularly known as Crocodile island
because of its shape for photo-op. 



The view on the way up to Cape Engano...





At the Anguib Cove...


At the foot of the Buratubut falls...

At the Crocodile island...

At around 4:30PM we traveled back to our resort in Sta. Ana. 


No comments:

Post a Comment