Saturday, October 1, 2011

Taekwondo @5

My son Marty is quite not like typical kids of his age who are very playful
in school.  When I say to him that its fine to play with his classmates, he
always tell me that "study only in school, and not playing".  Yeah, he is so
timid, sluggish on some of their physical activities and often times works/plays
alone.  Maybe his weight also contributes to his slow moving sometimes.

So when his school offered Taekwondo again, we did not think twice to
enroll him.  Aside from it is being translated as "the art of kicking and punching",
it is a good sport, exercise, and also a form of self-defense.


It was last Sept. 10 when he officially joined their school's Taekwondo Club.
After their 1st module with 6 sessions as white belter, Marty has loose weight and
became quite active on his physical activities.  He is now developing his stamina,
speed, and power in every kick or punch he throws.  As I observe, this sport and
martial art, is also developing control and discipline in my son. And most of all,
he has another group of friends he is enjoying with every session aside from his
class.

Their Taekwondo is every Thursday and Saturday which allows me and
my husband to enjoy watching his kicks and punches.

I just hope that we'll be able to sustain this sport for him as he is very
serious to learn in every session.

No comments:

Post a Comment